Leptoseris corals bleaching/losing

nanonøkk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
988
Reaction score
544
Location
us
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so all my perameters are in check and there was no changes except i moved the light upward and i also dimmed it and then these guys just started bleaching.

should i turn up the intensity because before i moved it up and dimmed it it was at 8 inches above water surface and100% on the prime to the full extension of the ai prime non bendable mount and to 80% intensity.

8FF35D4F-444F-4A85-876E-80209B979E4A.jpeg 44D0D7FD-CDD6-4BD2-A5F8-1E8FC4A5B0DA.jpeg
 
Since you said that you have dimmed the lights, I’d suggest not moving them. Corals will take a while to recover from bleaching. Furthermore they may continue to deteriorate before recovering.
 
Since you said that you have dimmed the lights, I’d suggest not moving them. Corals will take a while to recover from bleaching. Furthermore they may continue to deteriorate before recovering.
ok so leave them be
 
ok so leave them be
Right, i dont think trying to change their position in tank would do them any better. It would be better to wait and observe them. I never had leptos bleach on me but I have acros, so I would iust leave them be and hope for the best. 75% of the time they’ll make it.
 
Right, i dont think trying to change their position in tank would do them any better. It would be better to wait and observe them. I never had leptos bleach on me but I have acros, so I would iust leave them be and hope for the best. 75% of the time they’ll make it.
ok thanks for the help
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new