Let’s see the Softie Tanks

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again there are alot of people even on this fourm who have had it not work at all or for it to work but it comes right back and for it to kill coral not just myself so again thank you for trying to help but its not the end all be all you think it is or as safe as you think and if your going to recommend it you need to tell people to do a test in a separate tank first like I did to find out what effects its going to have if I would not of done the test I would of lost most of my coral and would of been left with only the bryopsis as it had 0 effect on it also just so you know bryopsis is a general term as there are several types of bryopsis some its works for some it does not

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used Reef Flux on my tank with no issues to my corals. But I heard it’s hit or miss sometimes on whether it works.

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1B335FA7-031B-4E9A-8F9C-19012591339F.jpeg

Crappy pic but I’ll start it off. All softies. Well one LPS was an unexpected freebie from and order.

Everyone always hacks up their fancy mushrooms, but it looks like you are going to have a carpet of them. This tank is going to be killer.

Is that a green star polyp on a stick?? That yellow mushroom on the lower right is sweet- where did you get it?

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone always hacks up their fancy mushrooms, but it looks like you are going to have a carpet of them. This tank is going to be killer.

Is that a green star polyp on a stick?? That yellow mushroom on the lower right is sweet- where did you get it?

Yeah, I don't want to hack anything until I have to. Branching Green star polyp......I know right I still can't believe it either. The yellow shroom is a jawbreaker.

lotekfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice clean look. I like it.
Thanks! It is a very simple tank to run, which I love. I have no skimmer, no dosing, and no regular chemical filtration other than occasional GFO when algae starts popping up. I've just being doing 15% water changes every week and change the filter socks twice a week for the past 3 years. Oh, and no in-tank powerheads, just a single Mightyjet return pump through two VFG nozzles for flow. Gotta love the simplicity of softie tanks!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back