Let’s see your favorite starfish

reefer37160

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2025
Messages
104
Reaction score
122
Location
Shelbyville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t have my favorite star,( stupid bumpy rule😭) because I have a reef tank. My next up is the brittle star. This is one that I had in the 120g and got back a week ago. He was not feed very well( nothing was) over the last 4 years. He is now getting feed every other day. This is against the side glass on a 150g tall. 58x23x30

IMG_6741.jpeg
 
I have always loved bristle stars (maybe it is because they are more reef-safe than others, haha). My second vote would go to a biscuit starfish. I just love the colors on those starfish. I believe @AydenLincoln has/had a biscuit starfish, too.
 
I have always loved bristle stars (maybe it is because they are more reef-safe than others, haha). My second vote would go to a biscuit starfish. I just love the colors on those starfish. I believe @AydenLincoln has/had a biscuit starfish, too.
Yes a Goniaster Tessellatus! Highly recommend!
 
Brittle stars are the best! When unsuspecting visitors would watch the tank when it was feeding time, the look of horror on their face when those long legs came creeping out of the rock is priceless.
 
Last edited:
Bristle stars are the best! When unsuspecting visitors would watch the tank when it was feeding time, the look of horror on their face when those long legs came creeping out of the rock is priceless.
Do you guys mean "brittle stars" not "bristle stars"? Just asking since I haven't heard the term before.
My favorite would be the Fromia indica starfish, 3 of which I maintained for over a year and know why they ended up dying...they were a LOT of work, but worth it to me!
 
Do you guys mean "brittle stars" not "bristle stars"? Just asking since I haven't heard the term before.
My favorite would be the Fromia indica starfish, 3 of which I maintained for over a year and know why they ended up dying...they were a LOT of work, but worth it to me!
Yes, Brittle stars! My bad!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new