Let’s see your reefs ( cool reefs only)

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I love the open space and the chromis. They seem to get everyone else moving.
Thank you. This is the first attempt at relatively minimalist rockscape, and I’m pretty happy with it. I’ve also never kept chromis before this tank but IMO a group of them can really bring a tank to life.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought he meant cold water reefs.

Here's my mess.

20221219_184711.jpg

Not sure why the degradation in image quality. Does it go down if you attach as thumbnail? /fixed.
Giant fox coral and beautiful colt. Old school love it

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has that macro algae been in there? What type?
Caulerpa prolifera. I had some hair algae, turf and bubble algae break out after bringing up nitrates post dinos. I got the clump with my cuc order about 3 months ago. I have trimmed it once. it's easy to trim, looks cool, not overgrowing, grows and dies back a little absorbing and releasing nutrients for me. And...I am convinced it keeps the undesirables at bay.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has that green death been holding up for you? Has it claimed any lives yet?

I'm assuming you're refering to the green/orange zoas? I got the original colony back in 1997. I haven't had any issue handling them but controlling them is one of the motivators for the idea of using rigid plastic tubes then steel straws with siphons.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back