Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should have asked. Does anyone know what the last one is?

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a quick question...I presently have a female melanarus and a blue sided fairy. I have the opportunity to get the following: Lineatus, Jordani, Potters, and Lubbock. Help me choose a couple that would be compatible with the two I already have. I need the experts to tell me which ones would get along best.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a quick question...I presently have a female melanarus and a blue sided fairy. I have the opportunity to get the following: Lineatus, Jordani, Potters, and Lubbock. Help me choose a couple that would be compatible with the two I already have. I need the experts to tell me which ones would get along best.

Any of those would be fine. Your current wrasses may show their dominance to the newcomers, but shouldn't be anything too serious. If you were to add the new fish at the same time it would help to diffuse aggression. Others use an acclimation box.

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
established potters are pretty rare. I have all those wrasse but the lubboks and no aggression issues, but I used acclimation boxes fro all of them.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would only let me get one, so I chose the Lineatus. After QT, I am planning on using the acclimation box. I'm also going to try to get one of the others from somewhere else and time it so they can go in the DT together...just in case someone wants to be a bully.

3dees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any Info on this guy? did something I normally don't do. bought It on impulse. guy said it was a candy cane wrasse but didn't know much else.

Attachments

• DSC_4157_0080_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4157_0080_edited-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 380

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hologymnosus rhodonotus. They can reach about a foot in length, and as they grow can go after your cuc. Usually they are well behaved toward other fish in the tank, but are active swimmers so need a large tank when fully grown. This entire genus is very hardy and quite forgiving of suboptimal water conditions, though I by no means encourage lax maintenance habits.

3dees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. I have it in my 120 gal. fowlr. he is like best friends with my melanurus. I'm hoping it won't get that big. I would hate to try to get him out with 140 lbs. of live rock.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told today by one of my LFS (all in one sentence I might add) that a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse isn't really a fairy wrasse, that they are the same thing as a Mystery Wrasse and that they are also called a Clown Wrasse. They called me to come get the Lineatus I ordered and when I got there, I looked in all the tanks and it wasn't there. He said "Oh, I don't know how that happened." They don't know what they are doing. I corrected him, but he got argumentative, so I just had to leave. :whistle:

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes, that a pricey fish to be sloppy about. I've found my LFS doesnt want to risk the money on higher end fish and I'm ok with that. Between DD, PIA, NYA, and Nicewrasse I have my bases covered anyway.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were giving me a really good price....maybe now I know why...lol

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a better picture. Had to cut all blues off to get it.

Red head Solon (female), or Orange Back?
ype9anuq.jpg
I say orange back, but this is always a debatable arena.

IMG_5275.jpg
IMG_5257.jpg

Here are three of my four. The first is a Petco Rescue for $15
C. cyanopluera on the first one, M. bipartitus (male) on the second, and H. argus is correct on the third.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male; note how the "dots" in the face/cheeks are no longer present but rather have formed lines. That and the splash of red at the leading edge of the dorsal fin.

Chrissy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this one up tonight. Do you know what type of fairy wrasse, and if it is male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back