Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of an id on these two? Came in the store as pencil wrasses, no species name
e9f7985b15c47e1e66071e50e53b1475.jpg

b933e02d12bf0ab202439af0bde27ae2.jpg
61b72e6ae12dd4693bd3e9a645d0727f.jpg
 
Positive on those two and not being a bifasciatum?

Spot on with the genus though, many many thanks
Bifasciatum usually doesn't have the vertical markings, but it could be stress coloring.
 
Just 2 hours right now; soon to be 3 again. You're all weird with the DST thing. :P

Should be fine.
 
Looking for confirmation or correction, female/transitioning brunneus? Still a little stressed from shipping, color is darker in person.

IMAG3054_1_zpssjcsread (1).JPG
 
I just see lunatus, not brunneus.

(There's an argument which can be made those are actually the same species; still TBD yet.)
 
I just see lunatus, not brunneus.

(There's an argument which can be made those are actually the same species; still TBD yet.)
I agree. Some of the Northern Philippine and Japanese lunatus can
be quite dark in coloration.
 
I just see lunatus, not brunneus.

(There's an argument which can be made those are actually the same species; still TBD yet.)

I agree. Some of the Northern Philippine and Japanese lunatus can
be quite dark in coloration.

Thank you, I appreciate the correction. Was ordered as a Lunatus but the dark coloration made me wonder.

IMAG3076_1_zpskinfcxj1.JPG
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new