Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Told you these guys were good bro! And trip out because I had a female in a cubicle it jumped in with a Garibaldi damsel who was mean af and to my surprise she put the damsel on check. Trip because the Garibaldi was pretty dang vicious too.
I told youbit was a whip fin
 
TBH, I can't really tell what colors are what with all that blue, but looking at the dorsal pattern/color contrast, it looks like a temminckii variant to me.
Agree, or even possibly beauperryi.

I got one for everyone. Id this little guy.
wr1.jpg
wr2.jpg
I feel pretty strongly about rubrimarginatus.
 
Meh, if so, they tend to fade out pretty dull. Not a species worth seeking out, IMO.
 
Every specimen of beauperryi I have seen in captivity has faded relatively quickly(withi 3 months).
 
Please ID this guy in the video. He isn't visible until 25 seconds in so please fast forward to that point. The store has no clue what it is.

https://goo.gl/photos/VC7PPfTKAySJn8tN8

It's markings are red/green like Halichoeres claudia but the bottom of the fish is white.
Thalassoma lunare; not suitable for a reef tank.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new