Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
My other flasher. Which guy is this?
My guess is Blue Flasher Wrasse
(Paracheilinus cyaneus) as this morning the p. flavianalis went into this guy's cave and woke him up and I think I seen a beautiful blue flash across the top.
959ce9fba80aa5bf5ddc66f13051ef39.jpg
 
I won't attempt another ID since I'm already 0 - 1 lol, but those filaments are ridiculous. Beautiful wrasse!
 
258441e94212b8aeb0c926d9199e4d1b.jpg


I'm sorry guys not a great picture he's really difficult to get a accurate picture of :( he's about 2" long his face is yellow with bright red eyes, very dark blue body a yellow and metallic red tail dorsal and anal fin are black/dark blue with bright red ends.
 
Different lighting can make some shades look different.
 
What distinguishes between the ornatissimus and claudia? I struggle to distinguish those two sometimes.
On H. claudia the red is broken up, whereas H. ornatissimus the red is more consistent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new