Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I please get an ID on this fish, thanks.
image.jpeg
Yes, that is the Cirrhilabrus from Kenya. Initially the thick facial stripes threw me because they are more prominent than usual, but it is not an unheard of feature.
post-9626-0-73035700-1386333814.jpg
 
I bought this as a female Carpenter Wrasse 4 months ago and I'm starting to wonder if that is correct? It seems too bright of red.

20160427_190526.jpg
 
I bought this as a female Carpenter Wrasse 4 months ago and I'm starting to wonder if that is correct? It seems too bright of red.

20160427_190526.jpg
No, P. lineopunctatus.
 
^+1.
 
20160516_204302.jpg
20160516_204319.jpg
My latest addition was this beautiful wrasse, Petco had it labeled as an assorted flasher wrasse and the employee working literally knew nothing about saltwater, so I talked him down to $14.99 muhaha!!! It looks like a yellowfin flasher wrasse but I could be wrong. Whatever he is I am very happy with this guy.
 
Last edited:
20160516_204302.jpg
20160516_204319.jpg
My latest addition was this beautiful wrasse, Petco had it labeled as an assorted flasher wrasse and the employee working literally knew nothing about saltwater, so I talked him down to $14.99 muhaha!!! It looks like a yellowfin flasher wrasse but I could be wrong. Whatever he is I am very happy with this guy.
Yup, flavianalis. Nice find.
 
Yup, flavianalis. Nice find.
Thanks. I was told to feed frequently with frozen mysis and a nice flake food but he won't touch the mysis at all. He loves the flake food which is good. What should I try feeding him frozen food wise Marine cuisine or what??
 
Which Mysis brand? PE or Hikari should work. Otherwise a blend like Rod's or Larry's should also work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new