Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Mysis brand? PE or Hikari should work. Otherwise a blend like Rod's or Larry's should also work.
It's the kind from petco, I want to say san fransico bay possibly but i am at work right now so i will check once i get home. I will try a different brand if that's what it takes. I never knew why they called them flasher wrasse until last night, once he got settled in he started flashing away.
 
Can someone ID this wrasse for me?
6F9D7EEF-7250-47E1-8AD1-E5BCC1B3BD34.jpg
 
Yellow fin fairy wrasse?
Flasher rather, if you want a common name. The Paracheilinus genus are the flasher wrasses; Cirrhilabrus are the fairy wrasses.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1463763018.984365.jpg
I'll try to get a better pic but?
I can't tell the color of the ventral fins. If they are red it is C. rubriventralis, if they are black it is C. joanallenae.
 
Looking for a positive id I know what it came in as but is it hmmmmm.
Just added from qt so she's a little upset.

 
Looking for a positive id I know what it came in as but is it hmmmmm.
Just added from qt so she's a little upset.


I can't really tell off that video, but it looks a lot like a female lunatus to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new