Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got these two recently. Sorry for the poor quality pics. They're still shy and the only time I can get pics is during feeding time.







 
Just got these two recently. Sorry for the poor quality pics. They're still shy and the only time I can get pics is during feeding time.







The first one is a male Cirrhilabrus temm, Temmink's fairy wrasse.

The second is not a wrasse, but rather a yellow dottyback, Pseudochromis fuscus.
 
I would be willing to wager that it's mDNA CO1 will match tonozuko, but that hasn't stopped some of the ichthyologists that are 'splitters' from seperating species.
Yup, I'm right there with you. "New" species I think not.
 
Was picking up some frozen food at the LFS and saw this guy. I was intrigued by the patterns. I'm not familiar with it, what kind? Latin and common name if you know. Thanks!

20160706_132922.jpg
 
Was picking up some frozen food at the LFS and saw this guy. I was intrigued by the patterns. I'm not familiar with it, what kind? Latin and common name if you know. Thanks!

20160706_132922.jpg
Coris venusta. Venusta wrasse. This one is a young male.
 
Or "Elegant Coris", if you want another common name.

I hate when TJ sees alerts faster than I do. :P
Someone spilled Bayer all over and I needed a mop. But anyhow.
 
@TUSI I know your into wrasses, the book: Fairy and Rainbow Wrasses and their relatives by Rudie H Kuiter, is really good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new