Let the identification games begin!

littlemacros

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so apparently I'm not as good at this whole identification thing as I thought...all these things are TINY. Like itty bitty micro tiny. Every photo is taken using a magnifying glass. Are these even living creatures or am I finally losing it watching rocks move?
...I probably should try going outside lol

I've numbered the pictures #2 & #3 (guess I forgot #1). Any guess lets hear it!

20200527_193501.jpg 20200527_193521.jpg 20200527_193635.jpg 20200527_193923.jpg
 
#2 Colonial Tunicates
#3 Not sure, sponge maybe? @KJ

for #3 I tried capturing a video but it didn't come out well, but it looked like it was pulling in a tiny dead pod of some sort. It looked very silimar to a worms thread it uses to catch food but much shorter. Also, up close through the magnifying glass combined with my camera fully viewed in , they look almost like bugs or worms with white balls on either side of their bodies.
 
Look like Ball sponge.
 
I'm here to be no help whatsoever. ;Bored But I would love to figure out what they are, too. Pic #2 almost looks like some sort of fish eggs? ;Wideyed I dunno.
 
I'm here to be no help whatsoever. ;Bored But I would love to figure out what they are, too. Pic #2 almost looks like some sort of fish eggs? ;Wideyed I dunno.
Colonial tunicate.
 
Regarding #3 - What snails, slugs, nudibranch's do you have in the tank if any? These look more like eggs to me. If you come back to this spot late at night when the lights are off - see if any critters are nearby.

...or dinosaur eggs...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new