Let's do some coral rescue, shall we?!

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout out to Aquarium City for this freebie... If I am successful in recovering this thing, I will periodically upload pictures of my progress. Let's see what we can do with it.... Wish me luck.
4b3b712d94c60910e1b2260f560de7b4.jpg

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck , i'v just picked up a load of dieing corals so I'm doing exactly the same thing ;Wideyed

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing anything special for the coral to help in its recovery ,, food,, lighting or something else that I am not thinking about :)

Not really, this is a wait and see game at this point. When dendros die they leave a tiny bit of flesh behind that sometimes turns into micro polyps. I just have to wait until that happens, so I can start feeding it. For now I left it in my sump so it gets a lot of flow but that is about it. I might throw it into a small cup and add some oyster feast in a few days. I'll try to take pictures as often as I can to track the progress.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, this is a wait and see game at this point. When dendros die they leave a tiny bit of flesh behind that sometimes turns into micro polyps. I just have to wait until that happens, so I can start feeding it. For now I left it in my sump so it gets a lot of flow but that is about it. I might throw it into a small cup and add some oyster feast in a few days. I'll try to take pictures as often as I can to track the progress.

Let me know if you start target feeding Oyster-Feast! Following.

Chad

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I am trying to nurse my three hydnophoras back from what seemed like certain death. I am currently trying a reduced light intensity compared to what they had before they got messed up. I also dose aminos at night with the return pump off. This and the iodine dip seems to be making a difference but they are still in really bad shape for the most part. And of course water changes. Maybe these would work for you corals?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back