reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Both 12 inch tall only...just clean up one of them by cadlights and the other advance acry turn out looking more like a display...neither the less all sps...

Crazy how much growth sps get after a year. Hitting my 2 year mark and frag tank is filling in nicely...

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is still in the works , but build my own 10g frag tank with a 20H sump , and a mag 7 as my return pump, with a pair of Hydro Nano Koralia's (425gph) and the Hydor Smart Wave..
8131d1637a3464dd961a1c73db13ffe3.jpg

esse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few newbie questions - apologies if these have been answered already, but I wasn't able to find answers via search
How are you guys raising the egg crate up off the bottom? Looks like pvc, can anyone provide some guidance on what type is stable and whether it is affixed to the bottom?
Secondly, is there anything keeping these frags from staying there for an extended period? Will corals encrust over onto the egg crate?

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few newbie questions - apologies if these have been answered already, but I wasn't able to find answers via search
How are you guys raising the egg crate up off the bottom? Looks like pvc, can anyone provide some guidance on what type is stable and whether it is affixed to the bottom?
Secondly, is there anything keeping these frags from staying there for an extended period? Will corals encrust over onto the egg crate?

How are you guys raising the egg crate up off the bottom? make some legs out of egg crate and cable ties, it is not affixed to anything, the weight of the frags keep it from floating

Secondly, is there anything keeping these frags from staying there for an extended period? typically a frag plug has a peg on the bottom that will fit into a square of the egg crate. it doesn't move

Will corals encrust over onto the egg crate? yes

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you all keep parameters stable on tanks with a relatively high amount of coral in smaller systems?

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand if it's tied into a larger system. But, is it difficult with small volumes?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back