Lets see those Jason Fox corals!

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that direct from Jason? I hope you got a deal, that thing is tiny!

I have never ordered from him directly before because all I saw was tiny frags people were getting and high prices and I felt like he was catering to the newer hobbiests. Things have changed a little since then but I haven’t even checked his site for a long time. Anyone have good experiences with him and got nice chunky frags from him that were healed over recently?

His wysiwyg photos are accurate . His corals are always healthy and good growers though. His prices did get a little high

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that direct from Jason? I hope you got a deal, that thing is tiny!

I have never ordered from him directly before because all I saw was tiny frags people were getting and high prices and I felt like he was catering to the newer hobbiests. Things have changed a little since then but I haven’t even checked his site for a long time. Anyone have good experiences with him and got nice chunky frags from him that were healed over recently?
It is small but was healthy and from a local reefer. I feel like the price was fair, although I dont see it on JF site so the only thing I could compare it to are pieces sold here and it was right in that range. Plus being local I'm starting without shipping stresses and color loses.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is small but was healthy and from a local reefer. I feel like the price was fair, although I dont see it on JF site so the only thing I could compare it to are pieces sold here and it was right in that range. Plus being local I'm starting without shipping stresses and color loses.
What did you pay? Hit me up next time ;)

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JF Rainbow Stylophora

09218170-B041-43A9-B4AF-6E17F0C2CB6C.jpeg
28F7E033-301D-4267-AAA3-F4BE8685233D.jpeg
Would you say this SPS is one of the easiest SPS?

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I love that firecracker! Is this the same as the reef raft firecracker but with Jason’s name on it you think?
Nope here is the RR Firecracker in the same system. Little too much red but as you can see a deeper darker red. Oh and Jason's was first
OI000776.JPG

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too :)

Is yours a dayglow favia?

I don't keep many favia but I had to have that one
Well ****. After googling that, it seems that I have stumbled on another favia smh. My last looks the same after months of owning it so maybe I will get better luck with this one.. ty for identifying

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ****. After googling that, it seems that I have stumbled on another favia smh. My last looks the same after months of owning it so maybe I will get better luck with this one.. ty for identifying
It's a constant struggle. I do it with sps, think I'm good then something else pops up I gotta have.

I know this is a JF piece I just cant remember the name. Possibly dayglow but the eyes seem larger. Got it from a reef buddy
20201012_154453.jpg

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a constant struggle. I do it with sps, think I'm good then something else pops up I gotta have.

I know this is a JF piece I just cant remember the name. Possibly dayglow but the eyes seem larger. Got it from a reef buddy
20201012_154453.jpg
Yes if something catches my eye enough and its not too difficult to care for i must have it. Unless its like over $150 i cannot bring myself to spend more than that haha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back