Lets see those sumps...

Marc11

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
554
Reaction score
105
Location
North Branford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 50 gallon cube. 24x24x20. I will be using a ghost overflow with bean animal style drains. I'm debating what size sump to use. Lets see what folks have used, I'm also not opposed to building an over sized stand to allow for a larger sump.
 
I was looking at similar sumps from BRS and Reef Savy.

Anyone have pics of current sumps. I need to figure out how to get everything I need for system inside the stand. At this point I'm thinking the only way to do that is to have a oversized stand.
 
I oversized my stand and made the side panels removable for easier access to plumbing and electrical under the stand.
 
I'm using a 55 gallon breeder with a 125 gallon display tank. I'm not finished with it yet as I'm still painting the stand and I need to order the doors this week. I'll try to post a pic this evening when I get off of work.
 
29,5 x 29,5 and 16 high.

HarxhO.jpg
 
It is the LF1 300 s from life reef . He custom makes them to your specs and options.
 
Phew I have a hard time believing an $800+ sump is going to help my reef for that much money. Looks beautiful but that doesn't seen economical.
 
Phew I have a hard time believing an $800+ sump is going to help my reef for that much money. Looks beautiful but that doesn't seen economical.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new