Lets see those sumps...

Perculap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phew I have a hard time believing an $800+ sump is going to help my reef for that much money. Looks beautiful but that doesn't seen economical.

Yea, it's a bit pricey. It's in the same category as the Vertex sumps. It's built by Aquarium Specialty. I luckily got a great deal on it at the CMAC show.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Perculap - Thanks. It has been in operation for about 18 months and has been simple to service and access everything for maintenance. I may be building another one soon. Waiting on a new 120 and the plumbing may be routed a bit differently.

Last edited:

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a cube sump?
I do, I bought this as a PNP setup from SC Aquariums.
1a.jpg

DSCF7228.JPG
DSCF7227.JPG

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our SS 22 or CL 22 models would fit perfectly under a 24 x 24. Here is a pic of the CL22 with separate 5 gallon ato.

Top_zpsddqftzdb.jpg

Side1_zpsfdfwm2sz.jpg

Our SS 22 is not listed on our site but they are $349 shipped.

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 60 cube and have been trying to find a sump that fits the 24x24 stand and still has room for an ATO reservoir. That Synergy Reef sump looks nice but will it fit in the stand w/the 5 gal ATO?

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 60 cube and have been trying to find a sump that fits the 24x24 stand and still has room for an ATO reservoir. That Synergy Reef sump looks nice but will it fit in the stand w/the 5 gal ATO?
The sump is 22 x 15 x 15 so an ATO wouldn't fit in line like pictured, but one could be placed in front or behind the sump. Or a lot of our customers run.the ato container outside of the stand.

Daimyo68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently setup a 60g cube, 24x24x24. Went to Petco during the $1 a gallon sale and purchased a 20g, which is actually a little more, because it's dimensions are 24x13x16.

Anyways, installed another beananimal system, which the siphon pipe drains straight down into the sump. The sump hangs roughly 1.5-2" out the back of the stand. I didn't want an oversized stand and this small amount of overhang doesn't effect the distance that the tank/stand is out from the wall because the external overflow box is 3" off the back glass anyways. You could always put a small piece of 3/4" ply under the overhang if this makes you uncomfortable.

Simple sump setup, 2 chambers: Drain and skimmer section, through 2 baffles (over/under), and onto the return chamber.

Stand is 24.5x24.5", using 3/4" birch. I have the sump, 2-1.3g containers for Alk and Cal, and will be building an acrylic tipoff container to fit in there also.

Dosing pumps, Apex, and all electronics are under the stand with the exception of the Apex display.
I'll see if I can get some pics of the sump tonight, as well as others.

The sump is out further than needed in this image, but will get a picture of it now in operation.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was custom built for a 50 gallon cube 24x24x20. Sump is 20.5x22x15.
Has built in ATO reservoir, 2 part reservoirs on the back side. The flow runs from right to left and the front is a small fuge. Considering the space constraints with cubes this was the best design for me.
There are 2 float switch mounts, tubing holders for the dosers, a filter sock holder, and probe holder all built in. It also has built in rigid tubing with john guest fittings for easy connect/disconnect. It holds about 5 gallons of top off water and 1/2 gallon of Alk and Calc each. I've been using it for a year and maintenance has been fairly easy. There was concern about the amount of water in the ATO, but to be honest even in summer at most there is usually a day more worth of water when I do my weekly refill. With that said I do keep my house temp at 72 year round. Good luck with your build. I found it very challenging to build this very same cube footprint.

topdownsump.jpg

electcabinet.jpg

wetcabinet.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back