Let's see what your solar panels produce...

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
1,080
Location
Corona, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know more and more people are getting solar, so I wanted to see how my panels compare to everyone else's. I have an app on my phone that let's me track production. But most should be able to check on their inverters.

Post ur systems specs and daily production. I'll start.

Sunpower 8.5kw system. 26-327w panels.
3upuma7a.jpg


That was for yesterday

Let's see everyone else's
 
Nobody has solar huh??

I'm loving these hot days. My panels are kickin butt. Last year I used on average 33kWh/day. My system is producing WAY more then that
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400089480.680855.jpg
 
I'll try to get a picture later of what we are producing with ours. My father put in 44 panels in Fall of 2010. Cool to see the meter spin backwards..
 
I'll try to get a picture later of what we are producing with ours. My father put in 44 panels in Fall of 2010. Cool to see the meter spin backwards..

In SoCal all of our meters are digital, so now the meter doesn't technically spin backwards anymore. Now there's a tiny digital arrow that points backwards. Hahah
 
In SoCal all of our meters are digital, so now the meter doesn't technically spin backwards anymore. Now there's a tiny digital arrow that points backwards. Hahah

I'll take a video for you haha, will prob have to wait until summer fully kicks in here and isn't overcast as much as it has been.

Is that app specific to the solar you have? My father would love that lol
 
I'll take a video for you haha, will prob have to wait until summer fully kicks in here and isn't overcast as much as it has been.

Is that app specific to the solar you have? My father would love that lol

Ya the app is from Sunpower. They had to install an extra "communication box". I also have this little box plugged into my router. Anytime, anywhere I can check production, as long as my internet is working.
 
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1400110891.034121.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1400110900.740639.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1400110909.911430.jpg

It's been a bad month for solar, overcast nearly every day. Also found out a panel has been out for three days. Covered under warranty.
 
This all looks awesome! And has caught my interest. Considering my electrical bill has jumped considerably since we started my 180g reef. My question is the overall cost of these solar systems?
 
I don't have an answer for cost. I know where I live we received a 15,000 rebate on purchase. I will say though, my father would of went with 100% of our electrical use with panels except it was not cost effective. So I would believe you need to stay within a range of rebate and what you are trying to achieve.

He is an electrician, came home one day saying how much he hates our electric company here on LI. Next thing you know, we have panels on the roof.

I do know now, you can get panels put onto your roof for free, well, you are leasing them. A company will put the panels on your roof and you will pay them a flat rate of say $100 dollars (fictitious number) a month. The catch is, they will tell you what your current energy use is and they will add the panels accordingly to over-generate electricity. If you go over the amount of energy you will owe them more money. If you stay below the energy usage than you just continue paying the same amount every single month.
 
I'm on a lease program. My bill was an average $230/month. (Single story 1800sqft..just me and my fiancé) For the year of 2013, I used 12,100kWh. My system is guaranteed to produce 13,000kWh and my lease is $166/month for 20 years. So I'm saving $60 a month, BUT I'm getting more electricity. And to top it off, I got a Sunpower solar system. 26-327w panels and Sunpower inverters. If u live in SoCal, PM me. Nobody can beat my guys prices. I've gotten 3 people to sign up through him already.
 
I'm on a lease program. My bill was an average $230/month. (Single story 1800sqft..just me and my fiancé) For the year of 2013, I used 12,100kWh. My system is guaranteed to produce 13,000kWh and my lease is $166/month for 20 years. So I'm saving $60 a month, BUT I'm getting more electricity. And to top it off, I got a Sunpower solar system. 26-327w panels and Sunpower inverters. If u live in SoCal, PM me. Nobody can beat my guys prices. I've gotten 3 people to sign up through him already.

Is your house facing south? Your producing a good amount in total!
 
Post some photos of the actual panels please! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new