Let's see your bare-back reefs...

chris_pull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a black background reef but when I upgrade in a couple of weeks I am thinking about leaving the new tank background bare instead of painting it. The tank will be up against a white wall. I really love the look of such tanks, as you get that extra depth, fish swimming in air look, and extra PAR. My biggest concern though is that equipment (wavemakers) will be really obvious (though I think if you keep it clean and neat then it doesn't look too bad) and keeping the glass clean. However, I have a holding tank without a black back wall and find that, similar to the front pane, you can have quite a bit of algae build-up before you really notice anything. I did consider using frosting on the back or white paint but I think that really would show up algae!

I'd love to see some photos of your bare-back reefs for inspiration and hear if you have any regrets!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if thats the right word lol

however this dude has a pretty cool tank with no paint he just put it near a wall with wallpaper and I love it

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning and evening (the tank receives tons of ambient light). I don't have any pumps on the glass, they're attached to the eurobrace.

Screenshot_20210514-071435_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210514-231826_YouTube.jpg

No regrets, but I'm going to add blackout fabric to the curtains so that I can have the option of blocking outside light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back