Let's see your stand fronts and doors!

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My husband wasn't comfortable with actually building me a stand, so I just decorated mine. There's more stuff on it now, but my pics are waaaay across the house, and I don't wanna dig through my camera to get them yet.



IMG_20160126_175659_kindlephoto-148360085_zpsw4dhsnxr.jpg
IMG_20160126_174041_kindlephoto-147408380_zpscmipwbyk.jpg
IMG_20160126_175710_zpsvxqy2thz.jpg
 
These are all so nice!
 
I decided to go a little out of the traditional. I wanted full access to my sump area without the restriction of the front brace and did not want to have big doors in the way when I'm working in the area. I'm still working on it and have to get a top coat (or piano veneer) put on it.

20160227_003256.jpg

20160227_011810.jpg

20160303_185501.jpg

20160303_185518.jpg
This is exactly what I plan to do. Any binding or other issues? I assume those are standard drawer slides? I wasn’t sure about the doors absorbing humidity and growing, which would cause binding…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new