Let's See Your Tyree Pinky the Bear

  • Thread starter Thread starter sawdonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I’m glad I found this thread. I have this killer colony grown from a tiny frag and I have no idea what it was. Ill let the jury decide but I’m thinking it’s pinky. It’s got all the right colors. Super hairy, hopefully this video clip works.
0FDC4423-A572-4FE0-9F95-0BDC8492E6D7.jpeg

Hard to tell with that pic. There a many corals that look similar to pinky. In my tank, I have pinky as well as two others that look similar. So similar that if I sold the other two as pinky, nobody would argue otherwise....but I wouldn’t do that of course.

Since I started this thread, I had a house fire and lost my whole tank, restarted a new tank with a new frag of pinky, and grew it out to a big colony. I have it much higher in my tank this time and it’s much paler. Definitely looks better in lower light. It’s the pale pink colony above the digi in the front.
C28FC5D6-83FB-4D99-BF2B-85957B644FB9.jpeg
67091C90-9D02-495B-A293-BBAF1AE9CF17.jpeg
 
Great looking tank @sawdonkey! Here’s a pic of mine starting to grow out nice.

045EF021-11D1-41DE-B545-0772A1E51648.jpeg
 
Hard to tell with that pic. There a many corals that look similar to pinky. In my tank, I have pinky as well as two others that look similar. So similar that if I sold the other two as pinky, nobody would argue otherwise....but I wouldn’t do that of course.

Since I started this thread, I had a house fire and lost my whole tank, restarted a new tank with a new frag of pinky, and grew it out to a big colony. I have it much higher in my tank this time and it’s much paler. Definitely looks better in lower light. It’s the pale pink colony above the digi in the front.
C28FC5D6-83FB-4D99-BF2B-85957B644FB9.jpeg
67091C90-9D02-495B-A293-BBAF1AE9CF17.jpeg
Very sorry to hear about your house fire. Really admire your persistence and ability to bounce back!

Beautiful aquarium!
 
Here is mine sold to me as "pinky the bear". It was a tiny frag when I bought it. It does not show much poly extension thanks to my majestic angelfish.

P1150028.jpg
 
Here is mine sold to me as "pinky the bear". It was a tiny frag when I bought it. It does not show much poly extension thanks to my majestic angelfish.

P1150028.jpg
Very nice. Eye spy a granny. What’s dat?
 
Mine, had it for about 4 months and it’s growing a new head at the top.
A87AF375-C915-445E-98F9-5D77282CB630.jpeg
 
Here is mine
 

Attachments

  • 156988655_1118534288592328_2129077386539650630_n.jpg
    156988655_1118534288592328_2129077386539650630_n.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 171
This is the colony of a sponsor on here sunnysidecorals.com. it is an amazing colony and very underrated coral. He usually has frags for sale and auction. Fuzzy, colorful, great shape. The Pic is his colony Pic from a current auction.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240531_162815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531_162815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 81
Another frag for auction fron this colony above
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240608_121457_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240608_121457_Samsung Internet.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 75

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new