Lets talk about power strips

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at power strips w individual switches to turn off my pump and power head while feeding on my biocube 32. I just ordered a IM mighty jet 538 return pump w controller. Whats everyone using for this unseen tool of our hobby

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make single outlet plug in switches like these, that’s what we use for things that need to be turned off:

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kasa smart strips.
My vote for sure!
I am currently using six of them, four 6-outlet and two 3-outlet.
Easy peasey to program, Alexa compatible, rock solid reliability, and best of all... wait for it... they store/run your schedule even when the Internet is down AND... they return to the previous On/Off state after a power failure is restored.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote for sure!
I am currently using six of them, four 6-outlet and two 3-outlet.
Easy peasey to program, Alexa compatible, rock solid reliability, and best of all... wait for it... they store/run your schedule even when the Internet is down AND... they return to the previous On/Off state after a power failure is restored.
Btw these do have individual physical switches too. There’s a button by each outlet.

magicwhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 switch Kasa for lights and have my pump and power head on it too. Everything else which is all in my sump I have on a normal power strip.

The Kasa is awesome. Can set up schedules easily for the lights and can turn everything off flow easily for maintenance or water changes.

OP
OP
Oldsman

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions, I got tired of unplugging each when feeding or maint. Guy at lfs mentioned the switches on power strips for each outlet.
The mighty jet has the feed mode, and looking at a KPS or the hydor controller for my korolina nano 565 but the entire strip would be better

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions, I got tired of unplugging each when feeding or maint. Guy at lfs mentioned the switches on power strips for each outlet.
The mighty jet has the feed mode, and looking at a KPS or the hydor controller for my korolina nano 565 but the entire strip would be better
The KPS you can program every half hour a different function, which includes a feeding mode. The Seltz D DC 500 return has a feed mode button as well as a up and down flow adjustment

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two quality powerstrips, don't remember the brand. Always on equipment on one, lights, heater, filter.

On/off equipment, powerhead, skimmer, etc on another. Flip the switch for feeding/maintenance, flip back on when done. My skimmer sounds kind of like a coffee grinder, so it's hard to forget off.

OP
OP
Oldsman

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob- checked out the KPS really like idea of adjusting features except the app for Android phones . Our WiFi is sporadic at times
I ordered the mighty jet return pump w controller last night

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
KPS and DJ ARE THE BEST
I currently have DJ on all three tanks of mine

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob- checked out the KPS really like idea of adjusting features except the app for Android phones . Our WiFi is sporadic at times
I ordered the mighty jet return pump w controller last night
It works on the wifi that your phone puts out. You do not need to worry about having home wifi. It is a better alternative than Bluetooth.

OP
OP
Oldsman

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works on the wifi that your phone puts out. You do not need to worry about having home wifi. It is a better alternative than Bluetooth.
Okay thanks ! I'm always thinking about upgrading stuff so I'll plan the KPS next . My Hydor was a quick buy at lfs and like reports about the aqamai better ...big feature I prefer is the ball mount w more range of motion

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back