Lets talk (apex) need some help

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys/girls, need some help on some equiptment im going to be hokking up to the apex, and what excatly i need for the apex parts to controll everything to a TEE. so please help out, anything im missing please chime in and please every opionion counts in this thread .

so im going to be using the following to be controlled by the APEX GOLD.

4 radion xr30w pro
4 MP 40's
2 MH (both one cord)
1 or 2 300W jager heaters
SKIMZ SKIMMER
External Return Pump
2 two little fishes phosban reactors
Fuge Light (1 CORD)
FAN (1 CORD) (for the MH to kick on when water gets to a certain degree)

okay so so far this is whats going to be hooked up. i dont think im missing anything inless the CAL Reactor is gonna be going on the tank witch i doubt right now.

just want to know what excatly do i need with the gold system to completely controll pumps ,lights, dimming, the whole works to turn on at certain times, turn off, also too see from the Iphone or computer whats going on and to get messages every so often and if anything is out of wack i get a message. if im missing anything please let me know.

also need some advice on what to get excatly after i purchase the apex gold, i want all good lab grade probes i know that please make the list of things i have and comments to go along with it.

thank you so much . sorry for any confusion, not the best writer lol.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see you will need the wxm module and at least 1 more extra eb8. Other than that calibration fluid for the ph and conductivity probe( I believe the gold package comes with the pm2 module and the conductivity probe to monitor salinity) then just program everything.

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see you will need the wxm module and at least 1 more extra eb8. Other than that calibration fluid for the ph and conductivity probe( I believe the gold package comes with the pm2 module and the conductivity probe to monitor salinity) then just program everything.

okay , sounds great. do you mean i need 2 extra 8Bars so it will be a total of 3.? or just 2 total? also the WXM do i need any cords with that that are not in the package? new to the apex world and just want to make sure i do it correctly the first time, gonna be too manny things to plug in and out lol. also how often do i need to calibrate the PROBES? should i buy extra to have? or do they expire shortly? wouldnt want to buy extra then they expire before i get to use them . uhmm what else too ask lol. any other programs i need to purchase as well ? or does it come with all the programs and softwear when product is purchased?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay , sounds great. do you mean i need 2 extra 8Bars so it will be a total of 3.? or just 2 total? also the WXM do i need any cords with that that are not in the package? new to the apex world and just want to make sure i do it correctly the first time, gonna be too manny things to plug in and out lol. also how often do i need to calibrate the PROBES? should i buy extra to have? or do they expire shortly? wouldnt want to buy extra then they expire before i get to use them . uhmm what else too ask lol. any other programs i need to purchase as well ? or does it come with all the programs and softwear when product is purchased?

It looks like you will need 3 total, unless you get creative with the reactors by having them run off of one pump or have a manifold coming off your return to run the reactors. Your ecotech stuff is 1 eb8 on its own. You won't need any extra wiring as long as you hook up all the apex stuff up close together. There is a company that will make the aquabus cable for you at a fraction of the cost that apex will

http://www.usbfirewire.com/cgi-bin/site/user.cgi/productsearch/results?term=apex

As foe calibration fluid I don't believe it has a expiration date as long as it hasn't been opened. Its usually recommended to calibrate once every 2 or 3 months. The fluid is very cheap so it won't be a financial burden to do so.

No other software needed, it comes ready to go out the box. If anything it might need a firmware update but that is very simple to do.

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you will need 3 total, unless you get creative with the reactors by having them run off of one pump or have a manifold coming off your return to run the reactors. Your ecotech stuff is 1 eb8 on its own. You won't need any extra wiring as long as you hook up all the apex stuff up close together. There is a company that will make the aquabus cable for you at a fraction of the cost that apex will

USBFirewire - Search results - apex

As foe calibration fluid I don't believe it has a expiration date as long as it hasn't been opened. Its usually recommended to calibrate once every 2 or 3 months. The fluid is very cheap so it won't be a financial burden to do so.

No other software needed, it comes ready to go out the box. If anything it might need a firmware update but that is very simple to do.

money is not a problem right now. Just need to make sure im not gonna be missing anything, also bud thank you.

now with the wire that you are talking about if its not all close together how long does it extend? ill click on the link after i post this. cause if i didnt i would of forgot to ask lol. gonna go look at the link.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call them up, they will make custom lengths as well. And just say it's for a apex. Those guys are familiar with what you will need

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back