Let's talk Pectinia

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started getting interested in Pectinia. I've traditionally avoided them because of their reputation as being murderous buttholes, but a tank upgrade is going to net me a lot more space, and I'm thinking it may be the time to give them a shot. But I have 2 main questions.

1. Do they get along with each other? Meaning, can I put a Space Invader and a Raging Rhino next to each other? Will they coexist peacefully?

2. How much buffer space is "enough"? How long are those tentacles, really?

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started getting interested in Pectinia. I've traditionally avoided them because of their reputation as being murderous buttholes, but a tank upgrade is going to net me a lot more space, and I'm thinking it may be the time to give them a shot. But I have 2 main questions.

1. Do they get along with each other? Meaning, can I put a Space Invader and a Raging Rhino next to each other? Will they coexist peacefully?

Our space invader currently co exists just fine with a hammer and galaxea. All colonies are about 4-5 in size with about a 3" buffer. I found flow more important so when they really wanna feed they can go only so far or in the opposite direction of the non mobile. Great coral love to watch him eat.

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i have a few near each other without issue.
The tentacles range is size, some of my frags have short ~1", some older ones easily ranges 3-5".

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to sell my space invader colony. It was 6” and throwing out 6” sweepers.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back