Let's talk Pectinia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hooz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
2,071
Reaction score
2,049
Location
Heath, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've started getting interested in Pectinia. I've traditionally avoided them because of their reputation as being murderous buttholes, but a tank upgrade is going to net me a lot more space, and I'm thinking it may be the time to give them a shot. But I have 2 main questions.

1. Do they get along with each other? Meaning, can I put a Space Invader and a Raging Rhino next to each other? Will they coexist peacefully?

2. How much buffer space is "enough"? How long are those tentacles, really?
 
I've started getting interested in Pectinia. I've traditionally avoided them because of their reputation as being murderous buttholes, but a tank upgrade is going to net me a lot more space, and I'm thinking it may be the time to give them a shot. But I have 2 main questions.

1. Do they get along with each other? Meaning, can I put a Space Invader and a Raging Rhino next to each other? Will they coexist peacefully?

2. How much buffer space is "enough"? How long are those tentacles, really?
Our space invader currently co exists just fine with a hammer and galaxea. All colonies are about 4-5 in size with about a 3" buffer. I found flow more important so when they really wanna feed they can go only so far or in the opposite direction of the non mobile. Great coral love to watch him eat.
 
I've started getting interested in Pectinia. I've traditionally avoided them because of their reputation as being murderous buttholes, but a tank upgrade is going to net me a lot more space, and I'm thinking it may be the time to give them a shot. But I have 2 main questions.

1. Do they get along with each other? Meaning, can I put a Space Invader and a Raging Rhino next to each other? Will they coexist peacefully?

2. How much buffer space is "enough"? How long are those tentacles, really?
i have a few near each other without issue.
The tentacles range is size, some of my frags have short ~1", some older ones easily ranges 3-5".
 
I had to sell my space invader colony. It was 6” and throwing out 6” sweepers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new