Letting go of fish/corals/inverts

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by alvinesp, Feb 3, 2018.

1. alvinesp

alvinesp Member R2R Supporter

Hey reefers and FOWLR owners!

Just wanted to bring about a topic that I’ve thought about for quite some time now.

Has there been a time when you’ve had to let go of a specimen? Whether it be a coral, invert, or a certain fish simply because it no longer was suitable for your tank? Eg: large adult size, picking on another tank mate, breaking down a tank, etc

If so, how and what did you guys do in order to get past the attachment towards that specimen?

Tags:

2. GoldeneyeRet

GoldeneyeRet Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Over the years I have removed many animals from my tank for various reasons.

I have no advice on the attachment issue as I don't really get emotionally attatched to them.

3. cmcoker

cmcoker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I setup another tank... I have really only had to remove my clownfish for chasing my wrasse, they were moved into their own biocube.
    Otherwise, I would probably offer it on my local club's forum.

4. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

The one I was most attached too was a longhorn cowfish that outgrew my tank. Knowing it went to a good home where it was well taken care of helped. It went to someone that I at least would see in passing so I could see how everything was going.

Maritimer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted