Lettuce Sea Slug

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will the lettuce sea slug eat. Could you please provide specific specie names? also Will any in my picture work?

C7BFAAEA-6E6D-4188-BC46-93E4EEB5E4EF.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suffice to say, caring for lettuce slugs poses in interesting conundrum. On the one hand, if you have a real problem with green algae, and you get the right variety of slug, it may actually rid you of your verdant pest. On the other, if you get the wrong kind, it will surely die. There is no way to tell for certain, unless the salesperson in your local fish store can assure you that the individual you are buying has been witnessed eating the algae your tank provides. For example, Bryopsis, Chlorodesmis, Codium, Derbesia, Halimeda, and Caulerpa genera algae are all listed as possible algal prey for lettuce slugs. Yet, a given individual may refuse all but one of theses offerings-sometimes only a single species of a single genus is accepted.
- Quality Marine (wholesaler)

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe Elysia crispata favors Bryopsis almost exclusively.

these guys don’t live very long ... like a year, maybe two (not sure if that’s true of most nudibranchs).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back