Level sensor issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've connected two optical level sensors via a splitter to my profilux 4 but they dont appear to be working, I followed the instruction video here (141) ProfiLux 4: Using GHL Doser for AWC control - YouTube however neither the ATO or AWC function respond to changes in water level.

I've tried switching the sensors around at both the input and tank end and makes no difference, I've tried switching from the purple to green input (and switching the sensor to 3 and 4) and tried without using the splitter (sensor set to 1 and 3), none of it seems to work. I dont know how to test if the sensors are even producing a signal which would at least help identify the issue. Also it now appears the profilux has gotten a little confused and 3 sensor ports are now shown in Control > Level > Sensors
1619715288106.png

regardless of how I connect them, in fact all four show as connected if nothing is connected.

Advice appreciated

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a similar issue with sensors 8, 9, 10 for some float switches connected via the Expansion Box 2.

You can test for proper function of the sensors by clicking on the Sensors tab (top right in the above image) and navigating to what numbered sensor you're testing. Dip the optical sensor in the water to see if Control Center senses the action or not.

OP
OP
r21

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll try that - think I may need to get in touch with GHL support as its not an obvious issue

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back