Leveled Enough?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MattR

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2019
Messages
451
Reaction score
209
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently bought a Waterbox 25 with a stand and set it up and noticed it was very unleveled (-2 degrees on iPhone level). Drained the tank and shimmed it (Tank has self leveling legs which I also adjusted). It seems to be a lot more leveled now but its still slightly bugging me. If it is just cosmetic I can live with it but I heard horror stories of tanks not being leveled (larger ones?) . I attached pics but seems more dramatic in the photo to be honest. I would love some input.... The most level photo is the front panel and the one slightly off is the left panel. The right panel is not pictured but is leveled according to the level. TIA




tempImagewdMW9d.png
tempImagemmYrcr.png
tempImagec6Q6Nl.png
tempImagejZvO8C.png
tempImageqYoyJL.png
\
 
The level is supposed to be on the top of the tank. A longer level to span the top would be ideal.

That sized tank can handle not been perfectly level.
 
Looks good. On a cube tank like that with a solid top on the stand, there isn't much worry of the tank cracking, just adequate surface skimming.
Thats what I figured, Thanks!
 
The level is supposed to be on the top of the tank. A longer level to span the top would be ideal.

That sized tank can handle not been perfectly level.
Good point, will probably end up getting a longer one, to double check. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new