Leveling Advice

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advice please! Just set up my Nuvo 170. Stand was put in place & leveled. The tank was then put on the stand and again confirmed that everything was level in all directions.
I just finished filling the tank & noticed that the tank is not level in relation to the water line (first pic)!
The 2nd pic of the level is from the front/length. The 3rd pic of is from on the side/width. Although the bubble is between the lines, it's no longer perfectly leveled now that it's filled.
How perfect do I need to get it? Am I going to need to drain and have the tank moved all over again?

IMG_7140.jpeg
IMG_7141.jpeg IMG_7142.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I'd do is wait it out. Give it a few days to settle in, it may return to a level state.

Adding weight to the tank (water) will cause a tank to go out of level. You could empty it and place a self-leveling mat under the tank. Or, you could drain, shim and return the water to the tank.

Wait it out for a few days would be my first corrective step.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JGTPA

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I'd do is wait it out. Give it a few days to settle in, it may return to a level state.

Adding weight to the tank (water) will cause a tank to go out of level. You could empty it and place a self-leveling mat under the tank. Or, you could drain, shim and return the water to the tank.

Wait it out for a few days would be my first corrective step.
The tank is built with a self leveling mat (Innovative Marine Nuvo).

Upvote 0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advice please! Just set up my Nuvo 170. Stand was put in place & leveled. The tank was then put on the stand and again confirmed that everything was level in all directions.
I just finished filling the tank & noticed that the tank is not level in relation to the water line (first pic)!
The 2nd pic of the level is from the front/length. The 3rd pic of is from on the side/width. Although the bubble is between the lines, it's no longer perfectly leveled now that it's filled.
How perfect do I need to get it? Am I going to need to drain and have the tank moved all over again?

IMG_7140.jpeg
IMG_7141.jpeg IMG_7142.jpeg
This is fine. Such a small amount of off level is nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is built with a self leveling mat (Innovative Marine Nuvo).
Those are not for this kind of "leveling" . They are to protect the bottom glass of a trim less tank from any tiny imperfections on the top of the stand, to prevent putting stress on the glass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is fine. Such a small amount of off level is nothing to worry about.
If both sides (front to back) are off level the same amount and in the same direction, and the same with the front and back, it's even more "fine" ;)

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back