Levels too high

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Calcium and Alkalinity were really high when I tested it, I tested it twice to make sure Calcium: 547 ppm Alkalinity: 12.1 dkh (usually my tank is at 10 dkh) I am dosing Red Sea's A + B if I were to stop dosing how long should I stop? Thanks

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just monitor weekly, and resume dosing only if you need to, your tank demand will tell you this, you can also water change with lower levels salt mix to help lower it.

OP
OP
Sosuke

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just monitor weekly, and resume dosing only if you need to, your tank demand will tell you this, you can also water change with lower levels salt mix to help lower it.

Ok, will do thanks for the help

OP
OP
Sosuke

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be dosing, but check salinity and make sure it's not only right, but accurate and the device is calibrated.

Hi I am using Hanna calcium and alkalinity checkers so I think I have to calibrate it every time anyways. What do you mean by the salinity? Thanks

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by the salinity?

The salt in the water. You measure that with a refractometer usually. 1.026SG or 35ppt. Refractometers need to be calibrated to make sure it's accurate. If the salinity is too high, everything else will also be too high.

OP
OP
Sosuke

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The salt in the water. You measure that with a refractometer usually. 1.026SG or 35ppt. Refractometers need to be calibrated to make sure it's accurate. If the salinity is too high, everything else will also be too high.

Oh I've never heard that before lol thanks for the info my salinity yesterday was 1.022 SG pretty low still trying to get it a bit higher through every water change

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back