LF/JBJ-28 hoob

  • Thread starter Thread starter pmgaudio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pmgaudio

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Location
New Britain CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking to get LED's for my tank. most likely the Rapid Retro kit... so I think I would rather find another hood to screw around with it when I do rather than take mine off and run into issues and have it unavailable (Murphy's law and reef tanks seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly), so I am looking to get a used, cheap replacement.....let me know if you know anyone... :bigsmile:
 
So I am looking to get LED's for my tank. most likely the Rapid Retro kit... so I think I would rather find another hood to screw around with it when I do rather than take mine off and run into issues and have it unavailable (Murphy's law and reef tanks seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly), so I am looking to get a used, cheap replacement.....let me know if you know anyone... :bigsmile:

Steve's LEDs makes an led unit that will fit under the splash guard of your hood. I have them for my 12g nano and they work great.
 
So I am looking to get LED's for my tank. most likely the Rapid Retro kit... so I think I would rather find another hood to screw around with it when I do rather than take mine off and run into issues and have it unavailable (Murphy's law and reef tanks seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly), so I am looking to get a used, cheap replacement.....let me know if you know anyone... :bigsmile:

I got the RapidLED kit and was able to gut the hood of PC's, install weld-on LED's to the heat sink, and put it all back together in about 6 hrs, no complications, instructions are pretty thorough. If you get the no- weld LED's for a bit more$, I'm sure you can finish a lot faster than me. But, also I'm sure you can find a hood, some people discard it and go hoodless.[emoji1]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new