LFS' On long island

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's pretty niche, but does anyone know if any of these places sells macroalgae? Other than chaeto lol. I collect as many different species as I can to both just have in my DT and also to eventually grow out and sell to others that are interested in macros. I'm always on the look out for possible new sources but never really tried most of the LFS's on the island because I assume they probably don't carry any macros. Thanks!

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's pretty niche, but does anyone know if any of these places sells macroalgae? Other than chaeto lol. I collect as many different species as I can to both just have in my DT and also to eventually grow out and sell to others that are interested in macros. I'm always on the look out for possible new sources but never really tried most of the LFS's on the island because I assume they probably don't carry any macros. Thanks!
advanced aquatics I think. Some online sellers sell blue hypnea which is really cool

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
advanced aquatics I think. Some online sellers sell blue hypnea which is really cool
Thanks! Yeah it's really cool! I had some earlier this year but I think my tank was too young (added just after the first cycle was completed) or my lights weren't strong enough for hypnea so it didn't do well. I'm waiting for the vendor I got it from to restock to try again now that I've upgraded the lights and the tank is nearly a year old. I've searched the internet for months and I feel like I've found every possible online vendor (in the US at least). So now I've just been focusing on forums and social media to find other reefers that might have something interesting. Thanks again for the tip!

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah it's really cool! I had some earlier this year but I think my tank was too young (added just after the first cycle was completed) or my lights weren't strong enough for hypnea so it didn't do well. I'm waiting for the vendor I got it from to restock to try again now that I've upgraded the lights and the tank is nearly a year old. I've searched the internet for months and I feel like I've found every possible online vendor (in the US at least). So now I've just been focusing on forums and social media to find other reefers that might have something interesting. Thanks again for the tip!
found some for you https://cultivatedreef.com/product/blue-hypnea/

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back