LFS' On long island

Agreed. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case for just about any pet store that has dogs and cats available.
even worse due to "exotic" animals that need more care, and are kept in conditions that they cannot survive, as there aren't even basic regulations for them
 
I know it's pretty niche, but does anyone know if any of these places sells macroalgae? Other than chaeto lol. I collect as many different species as I can to both just have in my DT and also to eventually grow out and sell to others that are interested in macros. I'm always on the look out for possible new sources but never really tried most of the LFS's on the island because I assume they probably don't carry any macros. Thanks!
 
I know it's pretty niche, but does anyone know if any of these places sells macroalgae? Other than chaeto lol. I collect as many different species as I can to both just have in my DT and also to eventually grow out and sell to others that are interested in macros. I'm always on the look out for possible new sources but never really tried most of the LFS's on the island because I assume they probably don't carry any macros. Thanks!
advanced aquatics I think. Some online sellers sell blue hypnea which is really cool
 
advanced aquatics I think. Some online sellers sell blue hypnea which is really cool
Thanks! Yeah it's really cool! I had some earlier this year but I think my tank was too young (added just after the first cycle was completed) or my lights weren't strong enough for hypnea so it didn't do well. I'm waiting for the vendor I got it from to restock to try again now that I've upgraded the lights and the tank is nearly a year old. I've searched the internet for months and I feel like I've found every possible online vendor (in the US at least). So now I've just been focusing on forums and social media to find other reefers that might have something interesting. Thanks again for the tip!
 
Thanks! Yeah it's really cool! I had some earlier this year but I think my tank was too young (added just after the first cycle was completed) or my lights weren't strong enough for hypnea so it didn't do well. I'm waiting for the vendor I got it from to restock to try again now that I've upgraded the lights and the tank is nearly a year old. I've searched the internet for months and I feel like I've found every possible online vendor (in the US at least). So now I've just been focusing on forums and social media to find other reefers that might have something interesting. Thanks again for the tip!
found some for you https://cultivatedreef.com/product/blue-hypnea/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new