Should I get this fish?

dustin.emmanuel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Messages
105
Reaction score
36
Location
Russellville
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
44388.jpg
44390.jpg

I've been to this local petstore multiple times in my town. They do not have a good selection of saltwater, and the water quality is so bad. They even have tobacco shop joined together with the store. The store has freshwater fish, birds, rabbits....

I saw this fish possibly a yellow angelfish were up for $100. I remember asking a few months ago about it being given to store and it still remains there till now. I felt bad for him with the tank and water. I bought a gorgonian from them a while back that was also surrendered and it is better now in my tank.

I could negotiate price by saying: "since it has been here for a while, I would take $50 for him now". I definitely will quarentine him real good.

Whats everyone's experience with this fish?
 
As long as you don’t have corals, go for it!
 
They tend to be nippers. You could get lucky though and get one that doesn’t touch your corals. All in the luck of the draw.
 
That poor fish looks healthy enough and it appears to be standing up well to the aggressive clown tanks mates. If you smoke in the house I think it will be fine but if you don’t smoke it’s probably going to suffer from nicotine withdrawal, which is not fair to subject the fish to, imo.

It could be great for a fish only tank, and would probably pair well with a pufferfish.

Cat Fish GIF by Respective
 
They tend to be nippers. You could get lucky though and get one that doesn’t touch your corals. All in the luck of the draw.
The tank he is in has no corals. So i cant say for sure if he'll eat mine. I have a longnose butterfly, and he has not eaten any corals so far; i might be lucky. So it might be 50/50 shot
That poor fish looks healthy enough and it appears to be standing up well to the aggressive clown tanks mates. If you smoke in the house I think it will be fine but if you don’t smoke it’s probably going to suffer from nicotine withdrawal, which is not fair to subject the fish to, imo.

It could be great for a fish only tank, and would probably pair well with a pufferfish.

Cat Fish GIF by Respective
Yeah, he looked really good. He might build some immunity after living there for a while as well
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new