LFS Score!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cshouston
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
2,150
Location
Gainesville, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the LFS today to look for a bubble tip. They had some expensive ones at the front—a pink tip green and a rainbow, both over $200. Then it was mentioned that they had some traded in rose BTAs at the very back for a much better price.

I checked them out, and they were huge, including one that looked like it was about to split. They just didn’t look like much, just kind of pale pinkish under whatever *very* white light they were using over that tank. I decided that their size, and price, were worth it and I took the one that looked ready to split.

Well, I got it home, acclimated, and into the tank. Here’s what I ended up with once I got it under my tank lights:

586ABBE0-DE12-4702-8163-17DAF9C6A1E3.jpeg

I can’t believe how drab it looked at the LFS, and they didn’t even know what it was. Definitely got a gem for a steal!

Quick question while I have your attention: should I set my lights to acclimation mode and ramp 50-100% over the next two weeks? Is light acclimation even a thing with BTAs? I know rainbows need 200-300+ PAR which is what it’ll be getting with the lights as they are.
 
Went to the LFS today to look for a bubble tip. They had some expensive ones at the front—a pink tip green and a rainbow, both over $200. Then it was mentioned that they had some traded in rose BTAs at the very back for a much better price.

I checked them out, and they were huge, including one that looked like it was about to split. They just didn’t look like much, just kind of pale pinkish under whatever *very* white light they were using over that tank. I decided that their size, and price, were worth it and I took the one that looked ready to split.

Well, I got it home, acclimated, and into the tank. Here’s what I ended up with once I got it under my tank lights:

586ABBE0-DE12-4702-8163-17DAF9C6A1E3.jpeg

I can’t believe how drab it looked at the LFS, and they didn’t even know what it was. Definitely got a gem for a steal!

Quick question while I have your attention: should I set my lights to acclimation mode and ramp 50-100% over the next two weeks? Is light acclimation even a thing with BTAs? I know rainbows need 200-300+ PAR which is what it’ll be getting with the lights as they are.
Awesome find!!!!
 
Went to the LFS today to look for a bubble tip. They had some expensive ones at the front—a pink tip green and a rainbow, both over $200. Then it was mentioned that they had some traded in rose BTAs at the very back for a much better price.

I checked them out, and they were huge, including one that looked like it was about to split. They just didn’t look like much, just kind of pale pinkish under whatever *very* white light they were using over that tank. I decided that their size, and price, were worth it and I took the one that looked ready to split.

Well, I got it home, acclimated, and into the tank. Here’s what I ended up with once I got it under my tank lights:

586ABBE0-DE12-4702-8163-17DAF9C6A1E3.jpeg

I can’t believe how drab it looked at the LFS, and they didn’t even know what it was. Definitely got a gem for a steal!

Quick question while I have your attention: should I set my lights to acclimation mode and ramp 50-100% over the next two weeks? Is light acclimation even a thing with BTAs? I know rainbows need 200-300+ PAR which is what it’ll be getting with the lights as they are.

Like it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new