Hii i need help with a wounded anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dawneme
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dawneme

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
53
Reaction score
18
Location
Indonesia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo i bought a purple lta from my lfs, it was on shipping for around 10hrs, when it arrived it came damaged, a quarter of the tentacle was heavily damaged because for some reasom they thought putting pebbles in the bag is a good idea, and its guts were also out too

Any idea on how to heal it?
 
Soo i bought a purple lta from my lfs, it was on shipping for around 10hrs, when it arrived it came damaged, a quarter of the tentacle was heavily damaged because for some reasom they thought putting pebbles in the bag is a good idea, and its guts were also out too

Any idea on how to heal it?
I would say give it some time. Pics under white lighting would help too
 
I would say give it some time. Pics under white lighting would help too



20260725_083036.jpg
 
It’s kinda hard to tell, but I believe that it will be fine, because I think that the intestines are just being released as stress response. I don’t see where you say it is cut though
 
Let it settle in and observe. They can do some seriously weird things. I’ve had them get obliterated by power heads in my tank and multiply from it. Keep water stable and see what happens.
 
Heres another shot of it if its still not very visible



20260725_115205.jpg
 
Ok I can see it now. I believe it will be fine just give it some time, but I am not an anemone expert
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new