LFSs within 90 minutes of Yorktown Heights New York

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am nearing the completion of my build and I plan to canvass the LFSs in my vicinity for corals and fish. I know of three:
1) The Complete Aquarium in Mt. Kisco, NY
2) House of Fins in Greenwich Ct.
3) The Reef Shoppe in the Bronx

I am located here. What other LFSs do you recommend?
Thanks!

Oscar Alejandro Perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well since you are willing to travel to the Bronx, and visit the reef shoppe you could take a small detour to Queens and visit, New York Reef Aquatic, slightly bigger then the reef shoppe with i would say the same quality in live stock, and the prices are good.

They are in Flushing, Queens
45-62 162nd St
(718) 888-0902

Oscar Alejandro Perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooo and theres also Absolutely Fish in New Jersey, now there coral selections aren't nearly as good as the reef shoppe or NY reef aquatic (but not bad). they do however, have an amazingly good selection of fish, and the store is massive. It is far but worth it, you can make a whole day trip there, stop by new jersey and pick out some fresh peaches since its peach season and then head over to the store, or something along those lines.

Alanc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any of these stores stock high end corals? Be nice to see some in person outside of RAP

Oscar Alejandro Perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any of these stores stock high end corals? Be nice to see some in person outside of RAP

Yeah they all will carry high end corals but depends what you are looking for, most will actually try and find something for you if you ask them; might take a few weeks or less. The reef shoppe is open until 10pm on Sundays, they get their shipments that day, so I would go then to check them out. The NY reef aquatic has a nice selection of corals as well, you should ask to check their basement which also contain nice ones; they get shipments Friday and Sunday. Its all about checking once in awhile, making friends and asking for orders when you really want something. then there is the added bonus of it always being cheaper then online and stores in Manhattan. Absolutely fish in new jersey is more about rare fish then rare corals, they normally don't have as many rare frags or colonies as the other two. Hope this helps you!

Besides finding rare corals, fish are a much easier to come by in these stores. Its great finding a rare fish and then being able to excitingly wait for them. I mention these three stores because I like the way they treat their fish and live stock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back