Lice resistant to pyrethroids

It's silly what they are saying about home remedies " "Theoretically, it could work if you put it on thickly enough that the lice aren't able to breathe. But it's hard to imagine that you could get it on thickly enough to really do the trick.". The trick is you do exactly what it says needs to be done... you put it on thick enough. What do they mean "it's hard to imagine you could...". I guess it is hard to imagine, but it's not hard to do. Stop imagining it and try it, Honey. I worked pediatrics in South Texas and lice were a huge problem. We couldn't use the medications on a lot of our population, so we had to try other things.

DON'T use Vaseline. You'll never wash it out of their hair.
 
Organic tea tree oil ftw! Use it all school year on our kids, and never had a lice issue.

On a side note, I wonder how many intelligent reefers can correlate this story with dipping their coral in Bayer. These marine pests will mutate just like the rest. Not to mention the EPA response was not very positive when I contacted them about it for information. In fact, they said they were forwarding any info they found about businesses and people using it to the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance since it is illegal to use outside of the product label.

Every choice we make has an effect on the world around us. God gave us natural means to effectively deal with the creatures he created. Essential oils would be one of them. ;)
 
With a certain few touting pyrethroids as deadly as nuclear fallout, what I find interesting in the linked article is that they are talking about putting this absolutely nasty, poisonous, mutant drug onto the tiny skulls of our poor, innocent children. Oh, the humanity!


Maybe it's just not as nasty as some people have claimed!

three-eyed-fish-simpsons.gif
 
It's actually not interesting how one simple tiny bug can become resistant to a pesticide., it's actually impossible. It takes many bugs and reproduction for it to happen. It really becomes the survival of the fittest. The fittest reproduce and the strongest survive.

:p I meant as a whole, but you nailed it. I found an article that talked about a specific gene that triggers the resistance, I'll see if I can find it again. They speculated that all arthropods have it.
 
:p I meant as a whole, but you nailed it. I found an article that talked about a specific gene that triggers the resistance, I'll see if I can find it again. They speculated that all arthropods have it.
I'm just glad I don't have lice. Hopefully, I'll never have to worry about it. :p

...but then again, the cartoon network did warn us about mutant lice. :D

mutant louse.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new