Lid for 60g Cube with Rim?

mann1139

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2019
Messages
569
Reaction score
196
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

I have a Deep Blue 60g cube that I am currently running with an egg-crate.

I have been trying to buy a 24x24 glass top, but the Deep Blue version is no longer available, and I have not found another lid for 24x24 rimmed tanks.

Other than buying custom, does anyone know any other lids that would fit a Deep Blue 60 rimmed cube?
 
I can't help with pre-made, but after trying to make my own with BRS kits and other screen solutions i broke down and went with a custom from Artfully Acrylic, aka, clearview. Fantastic lids! no more carpet surfing fish.
 
I can't help with pre-made, but after trying to make my own with BRS kits and other screen solutions i broke down and went with a custom from Artfully Acrylic, aka, clearview. Fantastic lids! no more carpet surfing fish.
Thanks for the link.

I am looking to go with as much glass as possible, but I will keep AA in mind.
 
Since u have a rimmed tank, I'd try local glass shop to find out cost of cutting glass with edges polished to compare price vs AA lid. I'd also get it in 2 pieces vs 1, bc one 24x24 piece of glass may be too heavy/bulky, depending on thickness.
 
Since u have a rimmed tank, I'd try local glass shop to find out cost of cutting glass with edges polished to compare price vs AA lid. I'd also get it in 2 pieces vs 1, bc one 24x24 piece of glass may be too heavy/bulky, depending on thickness.
You know, I actually have extra of the 'joint', and a local glass shop that has done some work for me before. That's a good idea.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new