Lid for 60g Cube with Rim?

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

I have a Deep Blue 60g cube that I am currently running with an egg-crate.

I have been trying to buy a 24x24 glass top, but the Deep Blue version is no longer available, and I have not found another lid for 24x24 rimmed tanks.

Other than buying custom, does anyone know any other lids that would fit a Deep Blue 60 rimmed cube?

ShellSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help with pre-made, but after trying to make my own with BRS kits and other screen solutions i broke down and went with a custom from Artfully Acrylic, aka, clearview. Fantastic lids! no more carpet surfing fish.

OP
OP
mann1139

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help with pre-made, but after trying to make my own with BRS kits and other screen solutions i broke down and went with a custom from Artfully Acrylic, aka, clearview. Fantastic lids! no more carpet surfing fish.
Thanks for the link.

I am looking to go with as much glass as possible, but I will keep AA in mind.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since u have a rimmed tank, I'd try local glass shop to find out cost of cutting glass with edges polished to compare price vs AA lid. I'd also get it in 2 pieces vs 1, bc one 24x24 piece of glass may be too heavy/bulky, depending on thickness.

OP
OP
mann1139

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since u have a rimmed tank, I'd try local glass shop to find out cost of cutting glass with edges polished to compare price vs AA lid. I'd also get it in 2 pieces vs 1, bc one 24x24 piece of glass may be too heavy/bulky, depending on thickness.
You know, I actually have extra of the 'joint', and a local glass shop that has done some work for me before. That's a good idea.

Back