Lid for 90 gallon bow

Asbury030

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys... I am looking for ideas on a lid for my 90gal bowfront. It is open on top and I had my blue spotted jawfish jump out, but luckily I got to him in time before he became cat food. I have a couple jumpers in my tank but got lucky until now. I am wanting to have some kind of lid to keep the fish in. Any ideas? I talked to a few screen companies but they said they couldn't make anything because of the bend in the bow of the tank?

ColbyNTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I would make a frame out of the smallest PVC 1/2” I think is the smallest or other plastic rod and a heat gun. Fill some PVC with sand, cap the ends. Get it hot and it bends great and dries how you want it. Get the bow right then connect to the back strength pice with an elbow. Once you get the frame built, paint it the color you want with plastic spray paint. Then cover it with that white 1/8” hole netting.

OP
OP
Asbury030

Asbury030

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had the day off today and I got the idea to buy some 1/2" plywood cut it out to the shape of the bow of the tank, paint it and staple the screen to the wood... it actually turned out really well.
20180308_203936.jpg
20180308_203845.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back