Lid idea

Sean_Jacob228

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
173
Reaction score
61
Location
mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out a lid. I have a 4 foot 90 G. With radion rail. Was rocking without a lid until my blue tang tried to commit suicide. Lol
 
Trying to figure out a lid. I have a 4 foot 90 G. With radion rail. Was rocking without a lid until my blue tang tried to commit suicide. Lol
Does it have a center brace and frame?
 
Best price on custom lids you’ll find. No charge for customizations. I’ve ordered lids for several tanks, they come out perfect and half the price as anywhere else

I use them currently on my 48” reef and my Waterbox nano

https://walterlids.com/pages/contact
Here is the lid for my Waterbox, if you want pics for the 75g lid let me know and I’ll post them also

32D11A5E-6F4A-4BEB-818D-B59C12461C68.jpeg
8C02FA35-7182-431C-B2C1-8CAA18C09D60.jpeg
D421C056-33AF-49EB-BEE5-EE837C70049F.jpeg
824CB66C-9E08-44E6-A4C8-F94FE0AB4127.jpeg
 
Yes. I should have mentioned that oops lol
Identical to my tank just a few inches taller

A mostly solid lid with some aeration vents is superior to the common mesh lids

The condensation is water that would have evaporated, the solid lids catch it and as it accumulates, it drips back into the tank. This keeps salinity more stable and reduces the amount of tip off water needed. It does not leave salt creep. Solid lids like this also function as a shelf for your tools. This mesh fishing line lids really can’t support any weight on them


The park of panels for this tank are $180 and come with whatever customizations and cutouts you need

EE37585E-5C8E-4701-BED4-527A6E9A94C5.jpeg ECBCF62D-E196-4654-96A4-508383ADC399.jpeg 07F5591C-D55F-4B8A-82B3-FF0D6FEE71A7.jpeg 3CCDEA15-6144-4E40-987F-A9ACC3DB1FDD.jpeg 33BE88E1-4838-4434-81E4-213C62778750.jpeg EF10F77B-303A-443B-AC82-F648571A0FF9.jpeg A1A56F51-FDC3-4E06-A4B9-E53B430F9187.jpeg
 
Yes. I should have mentioned that oops lol
I use a couple polycarbonate sheets cut to size. I ordered a couple of 1/4” thick from Amazon. I made them a few inches short (front to back) to allow some gas exchange.
 
I used a Screen door repair kit for my tank. There are many different ways you can make (or buy) a lid for your tank. Just have to do the one you like the most!
 
Like @Gumbies R Us , I bought a screen frame kit, and a roll of mesh with 1/4" holes in it, some aluminum hinges and made my own frame.
 
I use the red sea diy kits, come with everything you need. Only takes some simple math to create a lid perfect to your spec.
 
Aside from the lids mentioned that are hard plastic you can also look into wire mesh. The tank i have has a wire mesh lid that I keep clamps on to hold down.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new