Lid only on at night

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just built a new lid, i realized now how much i hate lids. Can i get away with a lid just at night?. Its a 29g 1clown 1sixline 1firefish 1lawnmower blenny 2skunk cleaners. Its just so relaxing to watch the water break the surface
AFDC1D24-2BD3-428E-87F7-30B7CDCB2A5A.jpeg

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an awfully long 29 gallon....are you sure it’s not a 55?

As long as you’re around the tank to find carpet surfers, I see no reason for the lid, as its main purpose is to keep the fish in. You can also just take it off when you view the tank. But it’s going to get tedious taking the lid off and then putting it back on and then taking it off and then putting it back on etc ad nauseum. Just remember to always put the lid back on!

OP
OP
Fishko

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an awfully long 29 gallon....are you sure it’s not a 55?

As long as you’re around the tank to find carpet surfers, I see no reason for the lid, as its main purpose is to keep the fish in. You can also just take it off when you view the tank. But it’s going to get tedious taking the lid off and then putting it back on and then taking it off and then putting it back on etc ad nauseum. Just remember to always put the lid back on!
I wish it was a 55 :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back