Lid options for Rimless tank

aquacat15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
28
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends!

I have a rimless reef tank and was looking for some advice on what I can do for a lid.

I’m considering plexiglass and clamps, but am worried about light filtration for my coral. I’m thinking of trying to make something custom with some fish net mesh. I’ve been brainstorming ideas but am curious if anyone here has bought or did DIY for a rimless tank themselves.

I’ve had a few jumpers and I’m trying to combat any others from going Nemo on me lol.
 
Hi friends!

I have a rimless reef tank and was looking for some advice on what I can do for a lid.

I’m considering plexiglass and clamps, but am worried about light filtration for my coral. I’m thinking of trying to make something custom with some fish net mesh. I’ve been brainstorming ideas but am curious if anywhere here has bought or did DIY for a rimless tank themselves.

I’ve had a few jumpers and I’m trying to combat any others from going Nemo on me lol.
Diy using home depot screen frames kit and brs 1/4 " clear netting.
I put some stickies on the bottom to locate it on the tank.
 
1748725232624.png
 
I had a glass shop cut me a piece of tempered glass to cover the display. I leave it open above my rear chamber of the all in one.
 
I’m using the dd jump guard and I like it. Not much effect on the light and it sits nice and flush
 
Polycarbonate clear light goes thru plus on amazon u can get clamps that fit the edge of the tank
 
I highly recommend Toplids. They were great to work with!
 
Diy using home depot screen frames kit and brs 1/4 " clear netting.
I put some stickies on the bottom to locate it on the tank.
this right here - cheap, easy to do, easy to change out the screen/netting if need be. on all my tanks and has saved me more than once with my wrasses
 
Can anyone help me or advise me the best way to do the d d jumpguard please

thank you

Here is the top of my tank
1000035316.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new