Life in a Marine Pure block

Txdragonslayer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
704
Reaction score
420
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently tore down my office nano to make room for a larger office tank, I was cleaning out the sump and noticed a Marine Pure block had tracks in it which I thought was odd, I then saw a tiny claw sticking out, and found a crab burrowed in my block. I knew something was happening cuz I began to find sand, or what I thought was sand in my sump, I had a barebottom tank and was trying to figure out where the sand was coming from.
f0978b19ecb2e17bbdd7fdc1b6ff2243.jpg
5adfd4aff7e6b24b045c183739b11f25.jpg
b0ea2801fa2b87e27313cbefca9b0a7d.jpg
 
That's awesome. This stuff is also habitable by larger animals beyond just bacteria organisms, copepods, etc.
 
SOOO cool to see how life's little creature's adapt and find homes where ever they are.
 
Nice...jaja free that crab to your tank so he/she can tell others to go to the MP block and then you catch them all! jaja
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new