Life Reef Clogging, thick foam?

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,640
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my Life Reef Skimmers keep clogging from this thick foam. I’ve cleaned the pumps, set the speeds up, adjusted the control valve. Cleaned the Ventura. I used to be able to go a week to 10 days without cleaning. Now it can be every day. Haven’t changed anything, but went with BRS Dosing. Even tried backing of on ReefRoids, and it’s still not working. Perplexed since this is on two different Aquariums.
IMG_4016.jpeg
 
Both my Life Reef Skimmers keep clogging from this thick foam. I’ve cleaned the pumps, set the speeds up, adjusted the control valve. Cleaned the Ventura. I used to be able to go a week to 10 days without cleaning. Now it can be every day. Haven’t changed anything, but went with BRS Dosing. Even tried backing of on ReefRoids, and it’s still not working. Perplexed since this is on two different Aquariums.
IMG_4016.jpeg

Looks like normal skim to me. What do you mean by clogging?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new