• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Lifegard 40W High Output UV Sterilizer

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lifegard 40W UV 2yrs old. $200 ,shipping not included Unit sold “As is” Please read below before buying:
Aquarium UV sterilizers are basically a ballast, bulb in a waterproof quartz sleeve and a waterproof heavy plastic case.
  • The UV bulb must be changed annually. Bulb was over 1yr old, Unit ships without bulb
  • Seals must be changed periodically if not annually. Seals are not guaranteed and should be serviced by user.
  • There is a “sacrificial” inner white plastic sleeve that protects housing from UV damage. Sleeve must be changed periodically or as needed. No guarantee on inner sleeve
  • Unit has intact but delicate/breakable/ replaceable quartz glass jacket. Unit will ship with sleeve removed, bubble wrapped and shipped in tube. No guarantee on quartz sleeve however.
  • properly maintained and serviced ALL aquarium UV units have a ongoing associated maintenance cost: UV bulb, seal kit, inner sacrificial housing and potentially the inner quartz sleeve and less often the ballast. Over $100 annually. Lifegard parts are not hard to locate see Marineandreef.com for parts and pricing
  • Plan your mounting and servicing clearances. Unit is 40” long. Vertical mount eliminates air bubbles
  • The unit is also HEAVY (20lbs as boxed) Shipping is not included, calculate 20lbs from 29576 to your zip
  • To avoid overheating and damage UV must have flow while in use. Plan on outlet being either on controller or plugged in tandem with pump
Feel free to pm me before purchase
IMG_2265.jpeg
IMG_2266.jpeg

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added: Not to discourage anyone from buying this unit but buying this or ANY used UV has caveats… You can buy new but you won’t escape ongoing maintenance cost 1yr later
in no hurry here… think this over, this thing is heavy and a beast

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added: while I would LOVE to get rid of this BEAST of a unit, It will just take up space if I don’t move it

But mainly you are not saving a whole lot of cheese when considering the on going maintenance and annual replacement parts…

Consider a buying a new unit

the usual crowd and “name brands” get the benefit of the doubt…pm me and we can work it out a price or terms (I’m easy)

TBH I’ll be skeptical if a user with just 5 post ask for a break here

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back