Lifegard Aquatics 3.8 Peninsula Pico Reef Negative Space Aquascape

NanoReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just want to show you the aquascape I designed for my lifegard aquatics 3.8 peninsula build. It took me about 2 hours to complete the entire aquascape. I used small penny sized rocks for the branches and a golf ball sized rock for the base. For bonding the rocks, I used seachem cyanoacrylate glue and sand. First, I added a small amount of glue to the penny sized rock and attached it to the base. Then, I added a pinch of sand to the bond, and held for a few seconds, to ensure a good bond between the rocks. After, I sprayed water with a pipette on the rocks to get a fast bond. Lastly, I used rocks to hold up the piece, while I worked on other branches. I repeated this process until I achieved the look I wanted. I've aquascaped many tanks, but this was my first negative space aquascape. So far, this was one of the easiest, since the rocks were small and didn't need much support other than the glue and sand. There aren't going to be any fish in the tank, so I figured it would be fine to create an aquascape without many hiding spots. What are your thoughts on this aquascape and method?
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 6.03.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 6.03.02 PM.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool. Is there room to clean the glass? Looks pretty tight but that could just be the paper. I think I like the second one better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back