Lifegard bookshelf with canister filter

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
1,002
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not new to hobby. I had a Red Sea 250 with sump before. I have been out of the hobby for few years. I am considering going back but want to do nano tank with canister.

The tank that I am considering is Lifegard bookshelf long and shallow nano tank. It is not AIO tank. I am considering canister filter due to simplicity and easier maintenance.

This will be mostly fish only tank maybe some very easy corals that don’t require dosing.

Anyone has or had the same setup? Looking for pictures and opinions. Thanks
 
I have not kept a Lifegard tank but it seems like mushrooms and montipora plating corals would work, especially if you are planning regular water changes (that can keep up with calcium and alk consumption).

The few gallons of space will limit the number of fish that can live there comfortably so decide what fish is best and resist the temptation to overstock them and a canister can work amazingly well for a small habitat.

Bump for more experienced nano reefers.
 
You should look on YouTube at mikeymikes aquarium. I am not sure if yours is as big as his but probably a similar shape. He did sps but you wouldn t have to keep difficult coral. He used a canister. I also use a canister on my mixed 75g. Consider an Oase BioMaster with a pre-filter and integrated heater for a cleaner profile and easy maintenance. That's what he used and that's what I use.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new