Lifespan of Dottybacks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zionas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Does anyone have an idea of how long Dottybacks usually live for? Is 10+ years common? Thanks.
It varies along species but for some of the common species we see I believe it’s about 5-6 years.
 
I see. So I guess 10+ years isn’t common for this family.
I think if we got more CB specimens in this family, 10ish years is more likely to occur but as we don’t know how old they are when we get them WC, it’s generally around 5-6 years.
 
Most dottybacks can live quite a while in captivity—5–7 years is pretty common, and with good care it’s not unusual for them to reach 10+ years. It depends a bit on the species and tank conditions, but they’re generally hardy fish that can stick around for a long time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new